The purpose of this role is to help produce and deliver the marketing strategy promoting our events to delegates and exhibitors. You will be a fluent English speaker with exceptional writing skills, working across the marketing mix, to promote our trade veterinary exhibitions, taking place in London as well as our events in Europe, America and Asia.
- Work with the Marketing Managers and Event Director plus the wider team to implement marketing strategy, positioning and key messages and product strategy.
- Execute the marketing campaign(s) and report on effectiveness and results ensuring all elements achieve required performance criteria.
- Driving of the creative/design process for marketing material. This includes the update and development of existing materials plus the creation of new material in line with the marketing strategy.
- Work with the sales team to create sales campaigns, focused on both new client growth and increased client retention. This includes messaging to drive revenue across all products such as digital, sponsorships, and future revenue opportunities.
- Deliver strategic audience development plans and ensure marketing communications accurately reflect event positioning and key messaging. Be the lead in messaging and writing regarding our outbound reach to our customers. Good communication and writing skills are imperative.
- Collaborate with partners to develop marketing campaigns, lead generation strategies and compelling materials for all revenue streams across live and digital products.
- Regularly review marketing plan, response rates/KPI’s, attendee demographics, and industry best practices to ensure marketing efforts are effective and successful, making recommendations and adjustments as appropriate.
- Execute community building and social media strategies that drive engagement, interaction, brand affinity and could improve the audience experience.
- Database management, list management, and development with the support of business intelligence and data teams.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of key marketing statistics and forecasts.
- Manage marketing budgets, purchase orders, and liaise with Finance on reporting requirements.
- Manage PR Strategy. Additionally, work to create/manage press lists, invite press, and consistently grow and develop media relations across all channels.
- Manage all planning and execution of registration process for visitors
- Responsible for the delivery of all delegate, visitor, and attendee revenue generation, plus development of attendee/delegate pricing strategies and reporting
- Support Group Marketing Manager and Event Director in determining and executing business development strategy.
What you will offer us:
- Great writing skills in English. You will be working on veterinary events so you should be confident in writing copy.
- Ability to produce creative and well thought out marketing plans
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver on time
- Bring fresh and invigorating ideas to the table
- Good IT skills. You will be using content management systems, databases and email software
- Commercial acumen to develop sales-led marketing initiatives
- Ambition to develop your marketing career
- Have something to teach us about social media
- Get on well with people from all walks of life (and the ability to network and make new friends quickly!)
- Hold grace under pressure
- Good attention to detail. In the events world little things matter
- Flexibility to accommodate extended working hours as needed around key show times
- A fabulous sense of humour
What you can expect in return:
- The chance to hone your skills in all aspects of marketing and learn from others
- A genuine opportunity to develop your career, the company is growing quickly
- A fair remuneration package, with performance related bonus
- A great place to work (in west London)
We are searching for a graduate calibre who is looking for an opportunity to join a company that is marketing led and invests in its brands.