Pharmaceutical Business Manager
LOCATION: London or Coventry, England, UK
DATE POSTED: 28 April 2021
- Proactively develop and deliver show and campaign strategies across new and existing business.
- Manage day to day pharma sales for your specific accounts across a portfolio of shows.
- Provide monthly reports and forecasts on your accounts revenues and activities for each event they participate in, along with actions that are being taken for each account and show to achieve budget and hit your targets.
- Ensure each sales plan is being delivered on target and budget and activity targets are met.
- Support junior sales staff in developing new revenues streams with creative and complex sales and sponsorships.
- Visit and canvas at competitor and industry events.
- Work in partnership with the Operations Team and relevant Event Director to execute the operations strategy for any pharma sales that need their input to ensure we deliver the best possible service and experience at the best possible price.
- Develop positive and professional relationships with your accounts, associations, media and commercial partners.
- Ensure a consistent high-quality delivery in all prospects, exhibitor and partner communication ensuring the message is on point.
- Line manage and develop your team, inclusive of: training, provide feedback, motivate and coach the team, coaching, set targets and manage performance and reviews etc.
- Support with the development of the business plan for events, ensuring they stay relevant to the needs of the pharma clients you are responsible for.
- Execute the event’s brand strategy, ensuring each event maintains and increases its relevance to its market/s, and continues to meet visitor and exhibitor expectations.
- Ensure that the pharma exhibitor marketing strategy is delivered, monitored, and reviewed to ensure it is fit for purpose.
- Manage the event floor plan for your accounts ensuring you Identify, implement, and manage profitable show features for the business.
- Get close to your market and accounts, understand their trends, and develop your proposition and events around it.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience within an exhibition sales role
- Experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong commercial awareness
- Awareness of exhibition production (desirable)
- Experience of growing and developing new markets and products (desirable)
- Tele-sales, media sales or exhibition background (desirable)
- Relevant industry knowledge (desirable)
- Understating of event cycle (desirable)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Experience working within fast paced environments
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask
- Strong administrative skills
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to work independently and as part of a wider team
- People management experience – leading teams, managing performance and conduct, training and effectively delegating with the ability to roll your sleeves up when necessary
- Proactive and able to utilise initiative
- Experience effectively managing internal stakeholders and external customers
- Strong IT skills and systems management e.g., Microsoft Office programmes
If you would like to join our award winning team, please submit your application by sending your CV and a covering letter evidencing your ability to meet the criteria outlined in the advert to email@example.com.
CloserStill Media embrace diversity in all of its forms and are committed to continuing to develop a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment based on merit without attention to age, ethnicity, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status or disability status.