• Work with the Marketing Director and Event Director plus the wider team to develop and implement marketing strategy, positioning and key messages and product strategy.
• Execute the marketing campaign(s) and report on effectiveness and results ensuring all elements achieve required performance criteria.
• Management of the creative/design process for marketing material. This includes the update and development of existing materials plus the creation of new material in line with the marketing strategy.
• Work with the content team to create effective conference promotion, influencer campaigns and year-round editorial strategy
• Work with sales team to create sales campaigns, focused on both new client growth and increased client retention. This includes messaging to drive revenue across all products such as digital, sponsorships, and future revenue opportunities.
• Develop strategic audience development plans and ensure marketing communications accurately reflect event positioning and key messaging. Be the lead in messaging and writing regarding our outbound reach to our customers. Good communication and writing skills are imperative.
• Collaborate with partners to develop marketing and content campaigns, lead generation strategies and compelling materials for all revenue streams across live and digital products.
• Regularly review marketing plan, response rates/KPI’s, attendee demographics, and industry best practices to ensure marketing efforts are effective and successful, making recommendations and adjustments as appropriate.
• Oversee and execute community building, social media and digital strategies that drive engagement, interaction, brand affinity and could improve the audience experience.
• Database management, list management, and development with the support of business intelligence and data teams.
• Provide accurate and timely reporting of key marketing statistics and forecasts.
• Manage marketing budgets, purchase orders, and liaise with Finance on reporting requirements.
• Manage PR strategy. Additionally, work to create/manage press lists, invite press, and consistently grow and develop media relations across all channels.
• Manage all planning and execution of registration process for visitors
• Support Marketing Director and Event Director in determining and executing business development strategy.
What you will offer us:
• Great writing skills in English. You will mainly be working on technology events so you should be confident in writing copy around this industry space.
• Ability to produce creative and well thought out marketing plans
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver on time
• Good IT skills. You will be using content management systems, databases and email software
• Commercial acumen to develop sales-led marketing initiatives
• Ambition to develop your marketing career
• Have something to teach us about social media and digital marketing
• Get on well with people from all walks of life (and the ability to network and make new friends quickly!)
• Hold grace under pressure
• Good attention to detail. In the events world little things matter
• Flexibility to accommodate extended working hours as needed around key show times
• A fabulous sense of humour
What you can expect in return:
• The chance to hone your skills in all aspects of marketing and learn from others
• A genuine opportunity to develop your career, the company is growing quickly
• A fair remuneration package, with performance related bonus
• A great place to work (in west London)
We are searching for an individual who is looking for an opportunity to join a company that is marketing led and invests in its brands. You will probably have at least 3-5 years marketing experience. We particularly want to see evidence of contributing to the development of marketing plans and project management. Experience within event marketing events is not a pre-requisite. Experience within technology is an advantage.
If you are interested in applying then please email your CV and covering letter.